.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I guess I must have forgotten to send a check

I received an odd e-mail:
Dear Mr. [my name was here],

Thank you for your gift of $0.00 to Vanderbilt University through the Vanderbilt Fund. Your gift will help provide vital resources during the coming year and also counts for our Shape the Future campaign. You will receive a tax receipt once your gift has been processed on your .

I invite you to visit Vanderbilt's website, [URL removed] to learn more about the impact of your gift and to find ways to stay in touch with the University and fellow alumni and friends.

Through your gift, you ensure Vanderbilt remains an outstanding place to receive a quality education.

Many thanks,
[some guy's name]
Executive Director, Vanderbilt Fund
============================
Remember! If you or your spouse works for a matching gift company, your gift may be doubled or tripled! Visit your human resources office to obtain a matching gift form and send it to the address below.
============================
Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt Fund Office
VU Station B 357727
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235-7727
1-866-882-3863
[their email address]

To be removed from this recipient list, please
unsubscribe by going to [URL removed]
I'll have to remember to send them twice as much next year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?